Thursday, November 8, 2012

week 28 update and shower pictures

The morning of the shower. Ah, where do I start? I woke up and instantly a sadness came over me. It should have been excitement, it should have been happiness but the thought hit me like a ton of bricks... I never got to have Brody's baby shower.

I started to pray. Dear God, please get me through this day. Call me crazy, call me whatever you like but I could hear Brody. I could hear him telling me "Mommy, I didn't need a shower, I have everything I need in Heaven". I get it, it sounds like I should be in the loony bin making comments like this but I heard it, I know I did and I'm not ashamed about it either.

I continued pray and I asked Brody for a sign. I told him..."it doesn't have to be frogs". I knew I was going to get frog gifts so there would be no surprise there.

My sadness was gone and it quickly turned to anxiety...more anxiety.

I had been anxious all week. I had so many things running through my mind and I couldn't organize my thoughts, that would probably be the reason I totally forgot to take a 28 week belly picture....oooops! Oh well, hopefully some shower pictures make up for it.
So this week's drawing sums it up pretty well. Bump.com said Isaac was about the size of an eggplant.

The shower turned out beautiful, I was feeling so blessed with all the family and friends who came out to celebrate Isaac with us.









I did end up getting my sign too, of course.

If you scroll up to the picture of the cookies and look at the cookie that is a onesie and turn your head upside down, you might see it...

My friend April, one of the people who made the day so special and amazing walked up to me and said " Hey, if you turn this onesie upside down, it really looks like a frog". I just laughed because I knew it had been my sign and Brody liked giving me frogs in places that I least expect them...

No comments:

Post a Comment