Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Privacy Policy?

I guess some people would say that this blog is sharing too much information and that it should be a private matter. I guess some people would say that. I imagine that to some people this is not the "right" way to grieve. 


Here is why it is "right" for me: 


As I was thinking about how very blessed I am to have wonderful family and friends in my life, I thought about the people in the world who endure this pain with not one person to talk to,not one person to lean on. I am lucky in the fact that I have a husband who lets me grieve my way and family and friends who support me every step of the way. Some people unfortunately do not have that. Some people have no one in their lives to support them, and I want to be that person for them. I want other grieving mothers to know that I will always be that shoulder,that ear, that someone to sit and cry with.


That is what this blog is about. Its about mothers who have lost their children and keep all the hurt inside because the people around them think talking about their babies is just too taboo. That the loss should be personal and kept inside. Bottled up so deep. 


Let me say, everyone has a different way of grieving, there is never a wrong or right way. It's about what makes you feel good (good meaning what gets you through your days).Some people grieve silently and that is great for them, some people grieve publicly and that is great too.


I never imagined I would grieve this way but I also never imagined I would be burying my son. I am doing what comes naturally to me and what helps my heart heal,if only a little.


Almost all of the grieving mothers I have come across and gotten to know since Brody's death have different ways of healing but also have one thing in common. They love their children so very much and want to talk about them to anyone who will listen. Imagine having a child and not being able to talk about them. I am only doing what every other new mom does, sharing stories of their babies. Please believe me when I say, I wish with all that I have that my stories were about Brody not sleeping through the night,about him crawling, about him breastfeeding, about him smiling, and about him crying hours at a time. Unfortunately, the only story I can talk about is his death, that's all I have.

I wish that no one ever had to lose a child. I wouldn't wish it upon my worst enemy(which I hope that I don't have any). This loss is only understood by those who go through it. So if you have a friend who has endured a loss; say you will be their shoulder, their ear, their buddy to cry with. Tell them they can talk about their babies and their children if they want to, let them say their names, let them remember and celebrate their children their own way because that's what is right for them.





1 comment:

  1. Hello, I would love to post a pink version of that Angel poem on my blog...can you tell me where you found that or is it your own? If it is your own I would love to use it...it is perfect!

    Nicki

    ReplyDelete