Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Week 27

Week 27 was looking so promising. I crocheted some new hats for the upcoming craft show that my friends and I are doing on the 10th and I even took the dogs out for a fall photo shoot.
Maggie
Cloie


Our huge pumpkin

I actually took a lot more pictures but I will spare you, but for a moment as I was trying to get Cloie and Maggie's attention while snapping their pictures, I imagined that someday soon I will be snapping pictures of Isaac and that made me smile.

I should have known that on days that I feel like I have some extra energy, I still need to tell myself to take it easy.

The very next day, we were sitting at dinner and I started having some pain. Different pain but there was something familiar about it and it scared me. When we left the restaurant, I realized the pain was coming and going in waves. It started in my belly and then went into my lower back. Crap!, this was looking scary to me, these were like a calmed down version of the pain I had when I had my abruption. I then reached for my phone to time the pains and realized, Crap! Im having contractions.

I called my doctor and of course was advised to come into the hospital. When we got there, I was scared and I guess I must wear my fear on my face. The receptionist told me that I looked terrified. I don't know if it was the hormones or the familiarity of it but I started to cry.

She asked if this was my first pregnancy, I told her no and followed up with my usual "I delivered my son stillborn last year" routine.

She stopped typing and reached for her name tag and showed me her name, She told me that she was named after her aunt who had been stillborn. I almost said "That is so cool" and then after thinking about it, came to the conclusion that "cool" was the wrong word choice. I said "That is very special".

She told me that it wasn't going to be the same this time and they took me back right away.

A nurse came in and hooked me up to the monitor and asked a few questions and told me that my other nurse would be in soon.

After hearing his heartbeat, I felt a little relieved and I laid back and waited for my nurse.

I didn't wait long and before I knew it I was staring at a cute little short girl in FROG scrubs. I couldn't make this stuff up, seriously...I should write a book.  I looked at Adam and we both started smiling and shaking our heads. I totally wanted to ask her if I could take her picture but Adam said it would be really weird of me, so I resisted the urge and instead just asked her if she liked frogs and told her all about Brody.

So after all that "cool" stuff and a few "not so cool" tests, it turns out that I was just having some Braxton Hicks contractions. I was sent home to relax and drink lots of water.

Week 27 belly picture and we got to take it outside because it was 80 degrees in western pa in October.

This is the week 27 drawing. I REALLY wanted vanilla lattes but I was instead chugging water like it was my job.

As I sit and type this, I am already in week 28. THIRD TRIMESTER! I'm anxious about the next few weeks for so many reasons. One, my shower is this weekend. I decided to have it early to avoid having it in the middle of the holidays and maybe deep down I just wanted to make it to the shower before I reach the dreaded 30 weeks, and 1 day. Two, I'm approaching the dreaded 30 weeks and 1 day. The closer I get, the more nervous I become about laying my head down to sleep. Part of me knows that the chances of my placenta abrupting at exactly 30 weeks again are slim to none but another part of me just wishes I could skip right over these next weeks and have my baby in my arms.

Everyone keeps saying that in the womb is the safest place for him but for me, it feels like he is being held hostage in there and my placenta is a ticking time bomb.

I can do this. Deep breaths.





No comments:

Post a Comment