Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Week 9

Well, week 9 is over and week 10 has begun.

Week 9 was pretty uneventful. I did attend a wedding and I think I put on makeup and made myself presentable for the first time in eh, lets say...8 weeks!

My appetite has returned and I missed it so.

A good friend of mine has been doing weekly drawings of me to help me document what is going on each week with my cravings, my moods, and just for fun.

Every week, Baby Center tells me what size the baby is, whats going on inside, and compares the baby's size to a fruit or veggie. Week 8, the baby was the size of a Lima bean. I was feeling a little happier because I switched to gummy vitamins.



This the week 9 picture. The baby was the size of a grape. I have my arms full of carbs. I wasn't just craving them, I needed them! It seemed to be the only thing that could curb my nausea, so I ate a bunch of carbs.

I am currently 10 weeks along and Baby Center the baby is the size of a kumquat. Hmmm, I don't know if I'm the only person in the world who doesn't know what a kumquat is but we are just gonna go with the WTEWYE size depiction of a prune. And actually, a prune suits very well with whats going on with my digestive system if you get my drift. :(

Some things are so different than they were with Brody and I like that. Some things are exactly the same, and I like that too.

Whenever Brody first passed, I thought a lot about becoming pregnant again. My desire to have a living child turned quickly into fear and I decided to just give it to God. Just leave it in his hands.

At first though, I knew Brody's things (which really only consisted of a few outfits) were tucked away and I thought they would never be touched again. In my mind, I thought there was no way that his future brother or sister would ever wear those items. I just couldn't do that.

Nowadays, I have such a different standing on that. I can't wait to put Brody's clothes on his brother or sister. What better way to honor him and remember him?

I'm trying really hard to take everyday in, really enjoy my pregnancy because I know how "abruptly" it can be taken away. But seriously, I cannot wait to have this baby in my arms! I can't wait to kiss him or her, stare into his or eyes, and someday....Tell him or her all about the amazing big brother she/he has in heaven. :)

Ps. We are starting belly pictures tonight so stay tuned...


1 comment:

  1. Love it Tia and can't wait to watch you go through this pregnancy. I am praying for health and safety and peace of mind...

    ReplyDelete