Friday, October 26, 2012

Week 26

Okay, So... I feel like I have so much to write about but some will have to wait for the 27 week update but I can talk about my doctor's appointment at 26 weeks!

It started out with some routine test like the ever so popular glucose screening. I actually didn't think the lime drink was as bad as the girl next to me did so that was a plus. I also had a little blood work then went up for my ultrasound.

Isaac was measuring perfect at exactly 26 weeks and was approximately weighing in at a hearty 2 pounds, 2 ounces.

Now, the actual appointment was a little intimidating. I guess I just wasn't expecting it because everyone had been so calm and reassuring about this pregnancy up until now but I noticed things changing at this appointment. Unfortunately, it didn't take me long to figure out why. At my prior appointments and ER visits, they were worried about me because frankly up until a few weeks ago, there wouldn't have been a whole lot they could do to save Isaac's life if something had went wrong.

I had two people in the room with me asking a whole ton of questions about how I was feeling and Isaac's behavior. It actually what I had been waiting for this whole time. I wanted, or needed rather this "royal treatment" because Um, my baby died last time...REMEMBER?!

Things are really starting to get serious and quite intense actually. I will be getting a growth ultrasound every four weeks to measure all his parts and check on my placenta, I will be seeing the doctor every 2 weeks, and twice a week I will be going in to get a non stress test. To sum it up, the non stress test is to monitor Isaac's heartbeat in a certain amount of time to make sure it isn't going too far up or too far down.

We talked a little bit about my contractions and I was told to hydrate, hydrate, and hydrate to try to keep them at bay. And to rest of course. P.s. my contractions take a unexpected turn in week 27, but I will get there when I get there.

As of now, if things are still going good, the plan is to induce at 38 weeks, however, I think we are all in agreement that my anxious baby, anxious uterus, and anxious self think that he will be here sooner than later. She told me at 34 weeks, we can all take a sigh of relief because if I go into labor at that point, they will most likely just deliver instead of putting it off.

So with all that being said, I was feeling extremely tired in week 26 and I tried to relax as much as possible. Hence, this week's drawing of me falling asleep during my favorite activities...crochet!


Isaac was about the size of a head of lettuce but I'm telling you, this boy can pack a punch. Everyday, I am in shock about his movements. I love them because it lets me know that he is okay but at the same time it is really starting to make me think about the lack of moving that Brody did. And that of course, gets the wheels turning in my already over thinking and otherwise obsessive mind.

Yay, I love belly pictures where I can muster up enough energy to shower and put on make up. They make pregnancy look so much cuter on me that any other given day of the week.

I will be trying to get week 27 in soon. I have some nice fall pictures to include along with the (oh, is it 7th or 8th) trip to the ER. Everything is fine obviously, but it was the most "exciting" trip thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment